23 Jun FALL IN LOVE WITH UYUNI SALTFLAT
From USD $195 p/p.
Standar tour departs from San Pedro de Atacama.
- 3 day tour: USD $ 205. End of the tour in Uyuni.
- 4 day tour: USD $ 230. End of the tour in San Pedro de Atacama.
About Uyuni Saltflat in Uyuni
One of the must-see destinations recommended in the world to travel is the Salar de Uyuni, the largest desert of continuous and high salt in the world. It has an area of 10 582 km² (4085 square miles) and is located at about 3650 mts. of height above sea level.
It is part of the Altiplano region of the Andes mountain range of the Bolivian territory and is the largest lithium reserve in the world, with 50-70% of the world’s lithium. It can be accessed from San Pedro de Atacama in Chile or from La Paz in Bolivia.
40 thousand years ago the territory was covered by several lakes. After a dry and warm period, these salt flats and surrounding lagoons originated that make the landscape a place of incomparable beauty.
About the tour
Groups of 6 people maximum in jeep vehicle 4 × 4 types Toyota Land Cruiser modified by the special road. Drivers-guides with more than 10 years of experience.
There are two options:
- 3 days and 2 nights, ending the tour in the city of Uyuni, recommended for travelers who want to continue their trip in Bolivia.
- 4 days and 3 nights, ending the tour returning to San Pedro de Atacama.
Pick up between 7:00 and 7:30 am from the Hostel / Hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
Ends the third day around 2 pm, in Uyuni or the fourth day in San Pedro de Atacama, for those who take the option returning to San Pedro.
- Transportation with local driver-guide
- Food: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Lodging, in basic accommodations in Bolivia, in a shared room with a maximum of 6 people. (Ask for private room fee)
- Transportation within Bolivia by 4 × 4 jeep, adapted for the area. Maximum 6 people.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Comfortable footwear (ideally trekking).
- Bathing suit and towel (for Polques Hotspring).
- Toilet paper.
- Personal toiletries.
- 6 liters of water.
- Passport or travel document.
- At least 250 bolivianos *, which are used to cover the obligatory tour costs:
- Entrance to Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve: Bs. 150 per person.
- Entrance to Polques Hotsprings: Bs. 6 per person.
- Entrance to Incahuasi Island: Bs. 30 per person.
- Hot shower in hostels = 10Bs.
- Border tax = 17 Bs.
- Access to bathrooms on the way (approximately Bs. 6 each access).
- Rubber boots (required in case of rain, rent for Bs. 20 per person).
* Approx.: 25,000 Chilean pesos, or 38 USD. It will depend on the exchange rate at the time of travel.
Consulta por paquetes que incluyen pasajes y/o alojamiento y/o comidas y/o itinerario personalizado desde 3 días en San Pedro de Atacama.
During the tour we will ascend to landscapes on the 4,300 meters. above sea level, it’s suggested to acclimatize for two days in San Pedro de Atacama before traveling to Uyuni.